When I'm Sixty-Four

When I get older losing my hair,

许多年后当我老去

Many years from now.

头发渐稀

Will you still be sending me a valentine

情人节你是否还送我卡片

Birthday greetings bottle of wine.

生日时又是否有你的美酒与寒暄

If Id been out till quarter to three

当我直至至半夜仍然不在

Would you lock the door,

你是否会将我锁在门外

Will you still need me, will you still feed me,

你是否还需要我,给我喂食端水

When Im sixty-four.

当我64岁

Youll be older too,

你也会老的

And it you say the word,

而当你问这些时

I could stay with you.

我会愿意跟你在一起

I could be handy, mending a fuse

那时,我也会露一手,给你修修保险丝

When your lights have gone.

当你的灯突然不亮

You can knit a sweater by the fireside

那时,你也可能会坐在炉火前织着毛衣

Sunday mornings go for a ride,

或者周末的早晨出去溜一圈

Doing the garden, digging the weeds,

抑或是除除草修整花园

Who could ask for more.

除此之外还有什么不满足的呢

Will you still need me, will you still feed me,

你是否还需要我,给我喂食

When Im sixty-four.

当我64岁

Every summer we can rent a cottage,

那时,每年夏天我们可以去租间小别墅

In the Isle of Wight, if its not too dear

在怀特群岛旁,如果价格不是太贵

We shall scrimp and save

我们可以一点点地为之节省

Grandchildren on your knee

那时,孙子孙女绕着我的膝盖

Vera Chuck & Dave

薇拉啊,查克啊,还有多弗

Send me a postcard, drop me a line,

那时,你可以送我张明信片,随便写几行

Stating point of view

只要要点概述

Indicate precisely what you mean to say

让我弄得明白你到底想要什么

Yours sincerely, wasting away

可是“您真诚的”这些客套就省去吧

Give me your answer, fill in a form

把你的答复填满一张表给我

Mine for evermore

可我还是希望我的那部分越多越好

Will you still need me, will you still feed me,

那时,你是否还需要我,给我喂食端水

When Im sixty-four.

当我64岁

results matching ""

    No results matching ""